Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Rise and Shine at 4:30 (and a bit for Ron Paul)

Travis says he slept until 4:30 today. That's pretty amazing, but he says he went to bed about 5:30 this morning. He slept through the door knocking and text messaging of his buddy Dale, who decided to pay him a visit. He awoke long enough to answer my lunchtime phone call.

Last night we watched a few episodes of American Horror Story. Spoooooky. Good acting...

I went to bed just after midnight, while the nighttime video game battles were just beginning for him. I don't know how he pulls these all-nighters.

Tomorrow is post-op day. The bandages come off and we get to see Dr. Chow's handiwork. The best part for me: I get to leave work early! Maybe a Red Robin lunch? Last Christmas, they had Gingerbread shakes and malts...mmmmmmmm.

Moving on to...
Whether or not I really was passionate negatively or otherwise about Obama, last month, he went against his word in 2008 in a way that doesn't settle well with me: horses and slaughter. In the past several months, I have "discovered" a candidate who has been around for a long time. This man is consistent.

Proposition 187 back in 1994 was my first personal experience with voting. I lost quite a bit of faith in the vote after watching a proposition pass with 58% be overturned by American-flag-burning illegal Mexican immigrants.

I don't have a problem with legal immigration.

But I digress. 2011 is the first year that I have been so inspired by a candidate who doesn't seem to be lying, posturing, or looking to rally the voters with a cool soundbite.

As with all candidates, I don't agree with everything. But what I do agree with, I agree passionately.

I couldn't say it better than Andrew Sullivan. If anything, it is a very good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment