Sunday, February 5, 2012

11 miles and some fencing

I got back on the wagon and made up for last week's lack of an 11 mile run. I took it slow, as is recommended for a long slow distance training run. Normally, I race out as quickly as I can, but lack the endurance to keep running as the miles slip away. This happens in my marathons as well. So I decided to take training recommendations seriously and gave it a shot. Guess what. I kept my pace the entire 11 miles, and I feel GREAT today. Usually, when I burn out my training runs, I end up crippled for a few days after. 

Huh, imagine that. I don't know everything!

My Garmin tells no lies...
Except it leaves out the part where a wiener dog almost got hit by a car
in order to try to attack me in my last mile. He almost got pepper sprayed...

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the Surf City Marathon to cheer on my friends from MBFC and the Las Vegas Marathon, but I will tell you De'Anna got a PR (personal record) with 4:09:xx in the full marathon (oh, I am a wee bit jealous of that time) and Nell reported success for the girls running the half marathon, despite some sushi-colored blisters.

But staying home allowed me to continue to edit a DVD for Paul and help Travis put up more fence along the front of our property.






We might have gotten all eight sections up, but we had a lot of visitors, which is nice...except Travis was going to a Super Bowl party at his boss's house, so we had to cut the afternoon short. The nice thing about these larger sections of fence is they cover a lot of ground, so it seemingly goes up pretty quickly. I am very excited about it. Travis hated the old fence and it's nice to see his vision take shape.

I took a break from video editing to ride Drifter. Details at my horsemanship blog.

I hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

  1. you're one crazy lady. i love reading about your running. we were just telling al about it all. they will be up this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete