Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fun with facial hair

Warning...completely random post...

So Travis decided to grow his beard until he went back to work. He got a pretty decent lumberjack/biker look going during his recovery. I thought, with his beard, that he had rugged good looks and that's all that matters...


So recovery happened, he started golfing again, work was inevitable, so it was time to clean things up a bit.

But, oh, there are so many looks that can be had before the beard comes off...

Anybody remember Ambrose Burnside? This Union Army general in the American Civil war got a facial hairstyle named after him.... Yes, this is where the term sideburns came from.

Does this make my chin look small?
Should Travis be the one to bring 'em back?
I'm telling you, we really thought about it.

Moving on...

Mustaches have almost always been popular...and in the past couple of years, it has just been way too cool if you rocked one like Tom Selleck.

This 'stache shaped the 1970s and '80s
Veronica Corningstone couldn't resist this one...
Oh, honey, can we keep it? Please!?
But no, Travis was back to shaping away at his facial hair. But we were kindof stuck, because the last step before the whole mustache is gone...is the...



...toothbrush...



Made, perhaps, most famous by:
Charlie Chaplin
And taken away with the end of World War II by this guy:

He wouldn't look nearly as pissed off if he didn't have this mustache.

I think even if Travis wanted to wear the look, it wouldn't be well received.

Too soon?
Yes, I think it's too soon to bring back the toothbrush, Travis. Off it goes.


3 comments:

  1. It's about time! Harmony and Trevor commented on how old Travis looks with all the gray in his facial hair. Although, it would probably be a good thing for me if he kept it because I would look like I was aging MUCH slower. This would do wonders to boost my ego!

    Where is the last photo...of no facial hair?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I personally love the rugged look :) But others makes him feel self-conscious by telling him he looks old. Thanks a lot, Harmony and Trevor...

      I guess the wife loses...

      I will get a no facial hair pic.

      Delete
  2. oh my god! the first was hilarious all by itself but then the rest? lmao.

    I liked the rugged look, made him look like a badass mountain man. he can't give jimmy grief anymore for being gray.

    :)

    ReplyDelete