Friday, August 23, 2013

The Yahtzee Experiment - An Introduction right before my journey

Travis is 1 up.

As everyone who knows Travis knows that he is competitive, it doesn't stop at Yahtzee.

We played some in Murrieta when we first got married. And we played the travel version on the plane once.

Last year, I bought Yahtzee. I thought it would be a fun, easy game to have around. The unopened box collected dust last summer until Pat came to visit, and she and I played Yahtzee one afternoon while Travis golfed.

Recently Travis and I began playing. At first, I suggested that we play when Siri and Randy came over for the now semi-regular Champehodge (Champion and Hodges) nights. But Randy is not a fan. I finally commented on how competitive Travis is...and how is it that he is even good at Yahtzee? He gave me a tip. It taught me to strategize a little bit more like him. I took his advice and rolled with it. My scores progressively got better. Noticeable better.

One night, I challeged Travis to a (modified) Yahtzee Tournament. We tied our first Tournament and I was excited to come to the realization that I could possibly compete against Travis at something...even if it's only Yahtzee.

And so began the Yahtzee Experiment.

As of last night, we have played 22 tournaments, which is 126 matches. As of yesterday afternoon, we were tied for wins in 21 tournaments. The rest of the tournaments were tied. Travis had me beat 3 matches in a row during Tournament 22. I did not want to be skunked, so I rallied in Match 4 and won. Then I really rallied in Match 5...I told myself when I won Match 4 that I could tie Tournament 22 and would be leaving with our games all tied up.

I didn't tie the game. Travis pulled of the win in Match 6, with two Yahtzees (including a 1 Yahtzee).

His win following my blistering score of 596 in Match 5. I rolled 4 total Yahtzees (first and second rolls were a 1 Yahtzee and a 5 Yahtzee...then rolled three more later in the Match).

Here are the stats thus far with player averages. On the tied games, it averages both of our scores.



Oh, and I puked last night. And got my first migraine in about 18 months. So that was fun. I am just worried about leaving Travis and the four-legged kids.

I will be updating onehorsemanship on a regular basis so check there.

If I can convince Travis to play FaceTime Yahtzee with me, then the tournaments will resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment