Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Final Countdown

I will be toeing the line very soon....


Despite the mishap with Drifter as reported here on my horsemanship blog, my tailbone, which has been sore ever since, has eased up on the pain a bit for me to get in a few short runs. I was worried last week and even went to urgent care for an x-ray, but this town is notorious for its...shall I say...interesting medical care. The x-ray tech was on vacation so I walked out and decided to see how the weekend went.

I am as ready as I can be. Training went pretty well overall. I did miss some runs, but I logged more miles than before any other race. Actually, I logged more miles than my previous races combined.

The last couple of days, I have had what is called taper madness or taper crazies. I looked up videos of runners hitting the wall on youtube, looked at the weather forecast a dozen times, got on the treadmill.

Excited!
Eek!

Race report to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment