Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Two more sleeps

It's coming... One of the main events that I plan for each year....

Last night, Travis helped move Drifter's bit to a beautiful headstall that I've never used (a dab of loctite on Chicago screws and silver conchos).....

After two more sleeps, I am heading back to Arizona for Buck's clinic!

Rain slicker, saddle blanket, helmet, bridle, tack bucket, and lariat are spread across our living room. Sunscreen, iPod, glittery pink nail polish (for Sis), and Levis and Ariats are lined up and luggage-bound. Kathy is coming by to pick up a couple of bales of hay and we are loading the trailer tonight. On Thursday morning, Drifter and I will be joining Kathy bringing Junior and her 5-year-old granddaughter Sis; and Monica bringing Bullet, her husband Anthony and 4-year-old daughter Hannah. Meeting us there are Moo and Hen. Last year during Buck's clinic, Moo stayed back to support "Team Kidney". Now, nearly a year later post-transplant, Hen will be joining Moo in Arizona to audit Buck's clinic.

In case you haven't read or heard about my experience last year, I blogged about it in: A Case of Circles. This event continues to mystify me. To say that it has changed me is an understatement.

I am tremendously grateful to have the opportunity to ride my fourth year with Buck. Post-documentary, Buck's entire 2012 schedule is completely full. Paul has informed me that at least one of the days, there are over 200 spectators pre-registered. It used to be that 50 might have been the most spectators on a given day at a previous clinic. Last year, when pressed by a student, Buck promised to still be "doing his day job" even after the dust settled and the curious spectators and star-seekers shrug off their differences and go back to using stud chains and lunge lines and lunge whips on their horses. He reminded us that he knew the movie The Horse Whisperer would end up in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart and indicated that has no disillusions that notoriety can be brief. He's here for the horse...no matter who comes to see him.

I will be updating my horsemanship blog over the weekend.


"If you’re loved by someone, you’re never rejected

Decide what to be and go be it."


Thank you, Travis, for taking care of the rest of the "kids" while I am gone...and for supporting me as I follow my dream in learning to become the best horsewoman I can possibly be.
I hope you know how truly grateful I am.Thank you thank you thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment