Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fence Update

I was so tired from the Pasadena half marathon, it took me two weeks to post another update. And speaking of running, I have to give a shout-out to my friend, Melissa, who just completed her first 5k. This amazing  mommy of two (and prolific blogger, and cuppycake baker) got out there for a great cause and has already signed up for her second one. I can't even express how proud I am of her. Mel, you better be careful...it's kindof addicting!

Before golf and horsebackriding, Travis and I got up early on Sunday morning to finish putting up sections of fence. We still have two small sections on the west entry return, but Travis has to build one more section and needs the piece he already built to use as a template.

Holes to fill
We had three more eight footers and two five footers to put in before the sun warmed the frozen earth into a mud bog. But we didn't work fast enough and ended up working in the mud anyway. I think it was worth it, though, because it looks awesome!

Cutting to fit


Looks nice? Let us know what you think! My farrier is going to provide us with some draft horse sized horseshoes to put in the openings. 

Once we were finished for the morning, Travis headed down the hill with some buddies to golf and I hauled Drifter over to ride with Kathy. Two more weeks until we are off to Arizona for Buck's clinic! Yay!! Which reminds me, if you haven't seen Buck, you should check it out. It's still streaming on Netflix.

1 comment:

  1. yay! i need to come see it. btw, i never told you but i walked into our room one night and jim was watching bucks video on netflix. i asked him what he was watching and he said suz's horse guy. ha ha. can't wait to hear about the clinic!

    ReplyDelete